1) First off, wow did I not follow through on my post that said I would be back posting. It has been almost five days. Life this week was a crazy one. Monday (Valentines Day); this ment making 3 kids worth of Valentines cards; 2 Valentines Boxes; and Valentine Cookies for all 3 classes. Tuesday ( My oldest 10th birthday)- wow, could that be. Where has the time gone?? Wednesday - relax and visit a friend Thursday and Friday - extra child home from school sick. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I think we all have crazy weeks like this.
2) Today I got what I needed , A RUN OUTDOORS!!!!! I took full advantage of the warm weather that melted all of our snow and ran 6 miles out doors. I have no idea how fast I ran because my stopwatch died 3 miles in- but I do know that it was a wonderful run. Sadly, the cold snowy weather is in the forecast so I will be back on the treadmill. I hope that it holds out so that I can do 12 miles outside- because that would be pretty rough on the treadmill. BUT I will do what needs to be done. 2 runs down for the week 2 to go (running both Saturday and Sunday)
3) My marathon is only 11 weeks away. Wow, why does that sound so close!!! Why do I feel so under prepared; even though I am right where I should be at this time.
4) Through all of this we still have been eating healthy. Dinners have been really good
* everything is from scratch nothing out of a box*
Meatloaf ( with oatmeal and pureed zucchini)
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese ( with pureed yellow squash)
Beef and Barley soup
Vegetable and beef Minestrone soup
Cheese stuffed pasta shell
Chicken Nuggets and Homemade Fries (dinner tonight)
Chicken Corn dun Bleu (I think that is how it is spelled)
Green Lake Chicken Casserole
If you want the recipes I will post them
5) Looking forward to a nice relaxed weekend . Nothing planned (well except for 2 runs) but nothing major, which is always nice . Between myself, my husband and our 4 kids we seem to always be doing something and this weekend there is NOTHING on the calendar.