Monday, May 16, 2011

I am here!!!

So, wow- it has been about a month since my last post.  Bad bad blogger~~  The big question- WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE HALF MARATHON??   Well, lets just say I finished!!!  I went into the race with one expectation- finish (hopefully pain free).   I finsihed but not pain free, so I guess I really cant argue.
Here are my miles splits from the race:

9:32, 9:26, 9:43, 9:55, 9:34, 10:43, 11:27: 12:23, 15:04, 15:37, 15:37, 17:22, 15:13  overall finish 2:41   ( 36 minutes off my PR, blah)   Ironically though, not my worst half marathon time either. 

Can you tell when I started getting pain??   The first 5 miles were AWESOME!!!  I was totally pain free, I was starting to think- I could PR I am feeling great, the weather is awesome.  THEN  mile 6 came and I got a searing pain in my hip, kind of like a knife was stabbing me.  I knew that was the beggining of the end.  I really didnt want to wreck myself for future races, so I just began run/ walking the race.  Then as my thigh went numb I decided that I better walk more than run.   I pretty much walked the whole back half  of the course until I reached the 13 mile mark and then turned the burners on for the last .1 mile; which probably wasnt a good idea but I needed to have the picture of me running across the finish line.

So now I am waiting, I have a doctors appointment this week.  I figured it is time to go see them,  since I rested for 3 weeks and it still didnt go away something must be wrong. ARG!!!   I soooooooo soooooooo want to run.   I miss it so much!!!

Still working out but it is just not the same, keeping everything low impact. 

I now need to find another half marathon to redeem my time  (once my hip feels better).

On a great note-  all "my fitness challengers" finished with flying colors.  The ladies that ran the half marathon brought me to tears at the end of the race.  They all had spectacular runs !!  With the race being on Mothers Day, they had all told me before the race that they would have to run and then leave to attend functions that day.  So, to my surprise as I crossed the finish line they were all there.  They told me "We waited for you to cross the finish line, because you are what got us to cross the line".  I was in so much pain and so much joy at the same time.  These ladies will never know how much that meant to me!!! LOVE YOU!!!!     Also, the one lady that ran her first ever Marathon,  qualified for Boston-  Can you believe that?????  1st shot out and qualifies;  she had a hidden running talent. WAY TO GO HEATHER!!!   To the 5K runners,  you did amazing; giving it everything you had.   YOU LADIES ALL DID INCREDIBLE!!!!  



Have a Marvelous Monday!!  I will let you know how my appointment goes later this week.  Crazy crazy busy around here, coming into the end of the school year. 

4 comments:

  1. I hope your appointment is positive. I was wondering where you went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go christa! I loved the course and will be back to kzoo to run again in the future - although whoever put that last hill there should be shot!! I wish I had known what you looked like as I was there at the finish line around the same time you came in!! hope your appointment goes well - come run Detroit with me this fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your appointment will give you some answers and have you back running soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sounds like it could be IT? I know it connects up at the hip, so it could be that, which is crazy painful. I'm dealing with it a bit now and HATE it!! Way to keep moving though!

    ReplyDelete