This one is for Breakfast - Eggy Breakfast Muffins
1/2 pound bacon , minced
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup shredded raw vegetables ( usually carrots or zucchini)
6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon parsley
1) Preheat oven to 350 Grease 12 cup muffins tin; set aside.
2) Fry bacon over medium heat until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Reserve a tablespoon or so of grease in a small bolw then discard remaining grease in pan. Let pan cool, then wipe with paper towels to remove any remaining bacon bits. Return pan to medium heat. Add reserved bacon grease, onion, garlic and grated vegetables. Cook stirring until vegetables soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to bowl to cool
3) In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk and chesse. Add flour, baking powder, salt, parsley, bacon and sauteed vegetables; stir togeterh until just combined.
4) Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Bake until edges start to brown and tops spring back when pressed, 20-25 minutes.
1) I do not have bacon in the house but I had ham. So I just diced up the ham
2) When I make this recipe I double everything. It says it should make 12 muffins (for one batch), with doubling the recipe I ended up getting 33 muffins.
3) I used White Whole Wheat flour instead of All Purpose
4) Since I used 12 eggs, I did 6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites only.
Price Breakdown ( depending upon when and where you shop your prices may vary)
This is for doubling the recipe:
Zucchini- this is a total guess, as this is our of freezer - .20
Cheese - $1 ( I actually used cheese that was left over from another, so this was double bonus)
Total - $5.17 = approx .16 per muffin. I usually serve these 3 muffins at a time. So one "meal" would cost .48