EASY CHEESY CRACKERS - this recipe is from 100 days of real food
1 Cup Whole wheat flour
5 Tablespoons Cold Butter, cut into tablespoons size chunks
4 oz or 1 1/2 cups of grated Cheddar cheese. The sharper the cheese the better
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine all three ingredients in a food processor bowl. The mixture will eventually turn into a big ball chasing itself around the bowl. Be patient because this does take a few minutes.
3. Roll into a log and 1 1/2 in in diameter. At this point you could refrigerate the dough until later use or continue on.
4. With a sharp knife cut 1/2' thick pieces off the log and place them flat on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. If you want them to look fancy you can flatten them with a fork like mine, or cut with a cookie cutter.
6. Bake 8-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. The thicker the cracker the longer the bake time.
The only thing I altered was I didn't have Cheddar cheese but I had mozzarella .
1 cup flour .30
5 Tbsp butter .31
4 oz cheese .50
Total- $1.11 The recipe said it would make 24 , I think I got about 50 (sorry started eating them before I counted them. ) I don't know about you but I think this is a fairly cheap and healthy snack ( compared to its counter part Cheez-it)