Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Recipe #7

This a super easy snack

EASY CHEESY CRACKERS  -  this recipe is from 100 days of real food


 Ingredients :  
1 Cup Whole wheat flour
5 Tablespoons Cold Butter, cut into tablespoons size chunks
4 oz or 1 1/2 cups of grated Cheddar cheese.  The sharper the cheese the better

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350
2.  Combine all three ingredients in a food processor bowl.  The mixture will eventually turn into a big ball chasing itself around the bowl.  Be patient  because this does take a few minutes.
3. Roll into a log and 1 1/2 in in  diameter.  At this point you could refrigerate the dough until later use or continue on.  
4.  With a sharp knife cut 1/2' thick pieces off the log and place them flat on an ungreased baking sheet.  
5.  If you want them to look fancy you can flatten them with a fork like mine,  or cut with a cookie cutter. 
6. Bake 8-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.  The thicker the cracker the longer the bake time. 

Alterations:
The only thing I altered was I didn't have Cheddar cheese but I had mozzarella . 


Price Breakdown: 
1 cup flour   .30
5 Tbsp  butter  .31
4 oz cheese   .50 

Total-  $1.11      The recipe said it would make 24  , I think I got about 50  (sorry started eating them before I counted them.  )   I don't know about you but I think this is a fairly cheap and healthy snack ( compared to its counter part Cheez-it)



No comments:

Post a Comment