Wow- is it really Friday !!!
1) Marathon training so far going good. I have gotten 3 runs in this week, 3,4,3 with a 5 mile run lined up for later this weekend. I am not braving the cold / icy weather so indoors on the treadmill it has been. But for me that is great- I can stare out the window at the subzero cold temperatures and enjoy the nice warmth of my house.
2) Today's run was supposed to be 3 miles, but I added a .1 to it so that I could participate in the SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP virtual 5K race. It was a perfect day for the race today, as I had no motivation going on. I just repeatedly had to tell myself - SUCK IT UP and run!!! 3.1 miles in 28:12, not my fastest but not my slowest by a long shot.
3) I am a music listener while I run and I swear that there are underlying song tracks underneath the actual music. There are few songs that I listen to and every time I hear them, I always think I can hear "Mom" , or the kids calling me. It is the craziest thing. Or maybe it is just because I have mom radar going on. I will figure out what songs they are and put them on here- to see if you can hear them or if I am just losing my mind.
4) So it was a year ago this week that I met with a personal trainer at the gym. After running solid for 2 years my body was getting used to running and I actually was starting to gain weight (did not want that). When I went to the gym last year my goal was to lose 20 lbs with cross training and proper diet, while still training for a marathon. Guess what , I DID IT!!! I reached my 20 lb goal in June and have held it off ever since then!!!! So very excited!!!!
5) I should post this next week but I am thinking about right now, Feb 1st of 2008 was the first time I laced up shoes and started running. At that time I couldn't even run 1/8 mile without dying. Crazy to see how far I have come. I just ran a virtual 5K in 28:12- long cry from my 1st 5K which took me almost 36 minutes. In 3 years, I have come from no running to now having run 4 half marathons and 2 full marathons- who would have thought. All I know is if I can do it, so can you !!!! Believe in yourself!!!!
Have a fantastic Friday!!!!!