Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another week down ( and more)


Sorry, it has been a week since my last post but it has just been crazy busy around here.
Last week I ran the most miles that I have ever ran before (36) , but I see higher mileage weeks in my future.  If you want to see a detail breakdown on how I got my runs in last week, click here  ( my Chicago marathon diary entry).  I am already 2 runs into this week ( 13 miles down,  19 miles to go).  

 My friend (B) and I on our 18 mile run ( I am in orange)


School started here yesterday, 3 out of my 4 are in school this year.  Now starts the jockeying around of my running schedule.  The summer made the running so much easier.  Now I have to time my runs around bus stop pick ups/ drop offs, open houses, soccer practices, etc....  Sadly, the best time to run is very, very early in the morning.  My alarm went off today at 4:20am,  I hit the snooze and layed there trying to convnice myself that there was some way that I could continue sleeping and do the run later.  There was no option, I HAD TO GET UP.  Ran 9 miles on the treadmill, flew up the stairs, turned the coffee pot on, jumped in the shower ( had exactly 10 minutes before my girls got up for school).  Got it done-  the life of a mom!!!!

Harvesting still.  All the tomatoes that were pictured in my last post have been cut and up either processed or awaiting processing.  11.5 jars of pizza sauce have been made.  We have lots of tomaotes cut up awaiting to made into some fresh and canned salsa ( we just have to get the peppers and onions.)


 


On Monday, my husband went out to our garden and returned with these tomatoes. 


Let me tell you a 21 gallon tote full of tomatoes is alot of tomatoes.  Tomorrow starts processing round 2- more pizza sauce , finish up salsa and some spaghetti sauce.    This is not all of the tomatoes, my husband says there are more .  Hopefully, the weather doesnt decide to get to cold or our crop is going to stop. 
I also canned up 8 jars of grape jelly. 

So, now that school started, Is getting your runs in harder?  Do you have shuffle around your times of running?    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christa
    After reading your email and replying I continued to think there must be something natural that works. I think I have a recipe for natural energy bars from Ultramarathon Man, Dean Karnazes. I'll try to find it and send it to you.

    ReplyDelete