Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crazy gardening, 20 miler recap, shout out to Kelly and more.







Still running at 16 of 20 miles
Holy Moly, has it been a week since my last post.  Wow, time just flew by.  This week was just crazy.   If you want to get a detailed recap on my entire monster week of running (40 miles, the most I have ever ran) , click here to go to my Chicago Marathon Blog.   

B and I still smiles at mile 16








My 20 mile run was awesome!!! My first ever!!! Yes, last year I did run a marathon but wasnt able to complete the full training for it due to injury.  This was one of the most fun runs; a big thanks to my friend B for running with me and to some great friends who helped us along the way.   Taper time starts now, hoping that my body doesnt revolt; have a Half Marathon on par for next weekend (looking for my new PR).  I just cant believe that the Chicago Marathon is 21 days away!!!!

 Another week full of gardening and processing.  Last week I was so excited when I found the bottom of the 21 gallon tote that was full of tomatoes.  Well, guess what came home with my husband on Tuesday;  

3/4 of the way full of tomatoes
Green Peppers

More Green Peppers
This whole week in between marathon training and running my kids to and from activites I have made 30 jars of spaghetti sauce.  Now up- Salsa making, just have to run to the store and grab some onions.  We tried planting those last year and had no success.    The weather is starting to get really cold here at night, down in the 40's  (well at least for the Fall), so I am hoping we can get the rest of the harvest off before it goes bad. 
Jalapenos
Our few colored peppers

Kelly, over at Secrets of a Running Mom, had a asked a question a few weeks back on "Food not ruling this house', and I responded telling her about little 'secret's that I do and shared a few recipes with her.  How awesome, because now she is sharing some of my favorite recipes with all of you (1 at a time though).  Thank you so much !!!    Congrats Kelly on finishing the Air Force Marathon- WAY TO GO!!!!!

On an ending note.  Not sure if this is a deal at your house or not, but I was out shopping for razors ( one of the wonderful joys of being a women) and came across Bic Soleil Shimmer razors,  nothing fancy about them ,BUT they came with a free pair of Ear Buds.  I don't know about you, but I go through a lot of Ear Buds in my training.  So go check your local store and see if they have the same deal.  I found mine at Meijer.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!! Catch up with you soon.   I am going to try and enjoy my taper weeks here before 10-10-10.   How does your body handle tapering? 

Christa


1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to read about your 20 mile run - you guys had such a great day! Congrats on finishing it and having a great time doing it!

    ReplyDelete