Friday, March 25, 2011

Where have I been?

Sorry, it has been a crazy week;  bad blogging lately.    We have just been very crazy busy. I am scared to say this, but I am actually looking forward to spring break, because there is nothing planned for the week.  ( I am going to say that and then everyday is going to fill up)

1st and foremost I missed last weekends 16 mile run on purpose.  My hip ( or whatever that area is called - the socket area around your thigh/ hip) has been hurting.    I am thinking that it is because I have done so much training on the treadmill and then headed out doors with huge mileage runs.  Or who knows, it could just be my body not liking something???  So anway, I rested it last weekend .  I have done 8 and 5 mile runs this week.  It still hurts, not as bad as last week but it still hurts.  I am going to run the 12 scheduled for this weekend and see how it goes.   It just really bumms me out-   really come on.  Why do I have to keep getting injured???  The joys of running ?!?!   Only 6 weeks until the marathon,  this cant be happening now.    Looks like the weather should be nice this weekend, so I can take the run outdoors.  Wish me luck!!!!

Have a fantastic Friday

2 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about you - I am so sorry to hear that you are hurting! Take it slow...I hope it's no big thing and you are 100% in no time...GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear you are hurting but I've been having a pretty sore hip flexor myself lately - had to get new shoes so I can swap back and forth between two pairs. stretch good and hopefully you'll feel great again soon! see you in kalamazoo!!

    ReplyDelete