My mind is just a flutter in anticipation for Sunday. Today was my last run, 2 miles, it seemed really wierd to just go run 2 miles . That was it, marathon training (for this marathon that is) is over- 479.8 miles. Is that enough? I think so!!! I know that lots of people run many more miles than that but I followed the training program. I am ready!!!
You know what I love, is seeing other people running while driving through town. What I love even more is when my kids spot them. Yesterday I was out doing errands and my 4 yr old son just yells out ' Mom, mom there's is runner'. How cool is that?!
Lots of people have posted their goals for their marathons. I am some what heistate, why I am not sure , but here it goes.
1) 4:48 I announced way back when this training started, that is 11 min/ mile. But I have not ran that speed all training. Funny how you set your intial goals and then you get faster throughout.
2) 4:34 This is the pace that I kept for my 20 mile run ( but we took our dilly dally time through all our water stations), so I am thinking I have faster in me
3) 4:30 This is holding a 10:18 min /mile. (This is the pace group that I am starting with, basically my starting spot amongst 45,000 runners) I would be super happy!!
4) 4:22 This is holding a 10 min/ mile ( I would be ecstatic!!! )
5) anything faster than that I would be flipping over jumping for joy.
Last year I ran this marathon, coming off of an IT band injury. No running for the 6 weeks prior to the race. Not fulfilling all the training, yet I still finished in the allotted time 6:05. Not the prettiest time by any means but I finished, and that was all my goal was. This year though, I am going out for vengeance, I want to give it all I have.