Join in the Virtual Mileage Club from now until June 3rd
Two Things Tuesday
1) RUNNING: So I have been running. Not very much, but I did manage to get 3 runs in last week. My first week after the Chicago Marathon was REST. Then last week I couldnt take it anymore, so I laced the shoes back up. Three 3 miles runs- for a big whopping total of 9 miles. Wow, I cant even remember the last time that I ran only 9 miles in one week.
- Thursday 3 miles on the Treadmill. 1st run after the marathon. It felt so nice, like I had met a long lost friend. I started off at a nice 6.0mph and by the end I cranked it all the way up to 8.0mph ( I have never ran that fast before) 3 miles 29:02
- Friday 3 miles on the Treadmill. Took the plunge this day and signed up for the Kalamazoo Marathon.Very uneventful run, but it felt so nice. Started off at 6.0mph again but bumped my speed up at faster increments all the way up to 8.0mph. 3 miles 28:32
- Sunday 3 more miles, but this was oustside. It was BEAUTIFUL here in Michigan, a crazy 70 degree day for October. It was a nice run!! I was wondering while running, how did I run in the summer heat, becasue for some reason 70 seemed so warm. I managed to pick up my pace 3 miles 27: 23
So I progressively got faster throughout the week. I still feel kind of blah though. I am inbetween training programs. Trying to get motivated to run without a "written schedule". Need to have something concrete between now and then. How do you stay motivated in between schedules? I am signed up for my next Marathon but the "True Training" doesn't start until the week of New Years.
2) SICKNESS: I am soooo tired of having a cold. All of my kids have had runny noses and coughs for what seems like forever (probably over a month now). I fought most of the cold off before the marathon, got an ear infection and a cough the week of the marathon. That was fun running 26.2 miles with that ( but I managed). But now, my head is so stuffy. I can breath out of my nose , it isnt running, but I can not smell anything. Not sure if it a sinus infection or what. They say many marathon runners get sick shortly after running a marathon because there wear their immune systems down. Well, I guess I did that.!!!! What do you do in your house to ward off sickness? With 6 people in the house (3 that are school) it seems like there is always something in the air at house.
Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!