Monday, August 23, 2010

4 more miles in- working towards my goal

4 more done-
Why is it that your kids ignore you all day long until you want to do something?  I told them, "Continue playing, I am going to jump on the treadmill and get my run out of the way"  Ok was thier response.  I was in the basement and was watching them through the window; and then they saw me.  That was it-  1000 question session
"Mom when are you going to be done"
"Mom, why are you in daddys work shop?"   (umm that is where the treadmill is)
"Mom we are outside"
"Mom can we have a snack when you are done"
etc.... etc... etc....
Now, of course, I am done-  has anyone said a word NO

But I pushed through and finished 4 more miles in 38 min.  I am not sure why but man running on the treadmill right now is so much harder than running outside.  I have heard that you usually go slower outside than you do inside but I dont know, I am much faster outside than I am inside.  Oh well,  I continue to do both for variety and due to schedule issues. 

Goals-  I had a few goals this year
1) Complete the Chicago Marathon in a time of 4:48 (or less)
2) Run 1000 miles this year.  I don't know I am at 569,  that leave 431 . It is feasible, should be interesting to see if I can achieve it or how close I will get. 
3) Get as many people interested in fitness/running  as possible.  

How about you- does anyone have any goals out there that they would like to share with me?

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment