Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chica Band Review

Meg Perez, the Commander in Chica of ,Chica Bands  contacted me and asked me if I would like to try their headbands while I train for the Chicago Marathon.  Yes!!!  I would love to do that.

From the Chica Band site.

Finally! A Hair Band that won't slip!
Chica Bands™ is a no-nonsense, affordable necessity for active women and girls – no matter your sport, or hobby. We, at Chica Bands™, are runners… Strong, active women who want to help instill in you the same passion we feel for our workouts by removing the “hair hassle”. Like you, when we hit the open road, treadmill, track, field, or gym, we want nothing between ourselves and our workout... Especially our hair! So what’s a girl to do? Strap on a Chica Band™! An innovative hair band made with a special lining that keeps the band in place on your head – no matter how hard you work out. No slipping. No kidding!

I have alot of hair and up until this point I have never found a product that will stay in my hair and not slip.  Well, I have some great news for you .  Chica Bands- No kidding,  no slipping!!!!  I got the honor of trying 2 of their 1 inch bands,  Flower Child and Baby Blue on Brown.   First up for the testing was the 'Flower Child',  this one got the 4 mile treadmill test.  Holy mackerel that baby did not move  ( my pony tail kept falling out), but the hair band stayed in place and kept the hair off my face.   2 thumbs up!!!  Next test 'Baby Blue on Brown', this one got the outdoor 16 mile beating.  First off, when I started the run with my friend she said 'Cute head band'.  I thought so too.  I will tell you the truth, the band was so comfortable that I actually forgot that it was even there.  I am one that normally pulls my hair back and then throws on a  running cap -  so this was a new experience for me.  16 miles of running and sweating,  with no movement from the Chica Band.  It held my hair off my face the entire time. 

I was also given the chance to try their 1 1/2 inch Orange Fandango;  The larger ones are to be worn for fashion or causal purposes.  How fun is that!!!  Hair bands that can be used during sports activity's and then turned into an accessory for the evening.


I have since put an additional 17 miles on these bands,  they are great!! No slipping of any kind, keeping my hair out of my face

One of the neat things about these bands is that they do not need to be washed every time.  They will be soaking wet when you are done with your run , but that is ok.  Just hang them on a door knob and they will dry before you know it ( with no smell either).  How great is that, something that will dry on its own and be odor free.   Now if you do feel as though you must wash them, just hand wash and hang up. 

Head on over to Chica Bands and get some of your own,  they have a fantastic deal going on right now.

**Disclaimer- I was not paid to try this product out, this is my own opinion**




4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing! will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for testing before sharing! I have been looking for something like this. I especially like the Orange Fandango; very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christa,
    I hope it's ok to comment this here b/c I can't figure out how else to contact you, but everybody really really wants that cookie recipe of yours. Will you email it to me at runfastmommy@gmail.com? I'll do a Christa's highly sought after cookie post if that's ok with you and link over to your blog. And feel free to offer any other recipes. I need all the help I can get!

    P.S. I also just tried out the chica bands and they are pretty sweet! I was shocked at how much sweat they absorbed for being not nearly as wide as the rest of them on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christa. Come back over to my blog for the ALO giveaway. Put separate posts up for your entries. I'm lazy and have my posts numbered so when I do random.org all I have to do is look to that post number. I became a follower of yours...nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete