Thursday, August 5, 2010

Up and "running"

I am so excited to be starting this blog. Let me tell you a little about myself.  I am 35 years old and married to a wonderful man!!!  We have been married for 11 years.   As I have said before, if it wasnt for him, I would not be where I am today.    I am also a mom to 4 kids,  2 girls and 2 boys-  9,7,4,2.  Life can get pretty crazy around here. 

Running-  wow,   I LOVE IT.    I f you would of asked that question 5 years ago, I would of given you a totally different answer.  Why?  Because I was not a runner then.  I took up running just 2 1/2 years ago (Feb 2008).  At that point I had never ran a day ( well, unless you count chasing my kids).  But here I am now, Aug 2010, having ran  2 5k , 3 half marathons,  and 1 full marathon.  Not only that- but this year I was chosen to be diary writer for the Chicago Marathon
http://www.chicagomarathon.com/CMS400Min/Chicago_Marathon/inspiration/index.aspx?id=13057
How crazy is that!!!
So, here I am training for my 2nd time around at the Chicago Marathon.  In the mean time, I am going to run the Park 2 Park Half Marathon, in Holland MI  .  My as well, since I have to run 13 miles that day anyway.

I can also be found, on my fitness page via Facebook; join in the Challenge.  Take on the  Fitness!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=262906941451&ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment